Well…I just signed up for Twitter and already feel lost in cyberspace. After weeks of debating whether twittering was right for me – and whether maybe it was a good way to help people with work and career problems find this blog – this weekend I finally embarked on my first tweet…and immediately lost two followers in the process!
Seriously. I tweeted. They were gone. Poof! Not that I understand how they were there in the first place since I’d never tweeted anything before that. But all I know is if I keep going at this pace, I’ll probably owe THEM followers within a few more tweets.
Some things that confuse me about Twitter:
- Should I tweet in the Everyone category or just at Home?
- If I tweet at Home, do I also need to tweet at Everyone to reach more than just my followers or is it all one and the same?
- Do I have to wait an hour after eating before tweeting?
- Why can I click to read “more” at Home but not in Everyone? Shouldn’t Everyone have more than Home which is less than Everyone?
- Why does it bother me that a 6 year old probably gets this right away?
- How did I wind up following both John McCain and Ellen Degeneres of all possible people without even trying?
- And is it reverse paranoia to worry about whom I’m following anyway?
With the tables turned and me needing answers this time, any and all advice appreciated by this tweeting work coach!
Quick update: Decided tweeting is not for me after all.
Happy I tried it. Even happier I decided to stop. Good luck to any and all tweeters out there!